Woman dies after contracting virus spread by rodent droppingsNews 

Woman dies after contracting virus spread by rodent droppings


Woman dies after contracting virus spread by rodent droppings

A SIXTY SEVEN-year-vintage Oregon girl died on Wednesday after contracting a unprecedented, incurable illness typically transmitted thru rodent droppings. The Deschutes County Health Department mentioned the girl, recognized as Lindy Farr, have been placed on a ventilator at St. Charles Redmond earlier than being airlifted to Oregon Well Being & Sciences University in Portland on Sunday.

A Friend instructed the Bend Bulletin that round Memorial Day, Farr had taken a shop-vac out to the circle of relatives’s barn to wash out a loft that they used for visitors.

“She had long past out with a store-vac. She didn’t recognize, as well as the general public didn’t, that you simply will have to put on protecting equipment and all that stuff,” Sheila Hunt instructed the news outlet.

She mentioned her family member began experiencing symptoms similar to the flu on June FOUR. Via June 7, her husband called 911.


“She was in excellent health,” Hunt mentioned. “you could have never in a million years concept she would had been long past in every week.”

consistent with the file, the case is the 23 hantavirus an infection in Oregon on the grounds that 1993, and the 7th in Deschutes County. Hantavirus is deadly in about 35 p.c of cases, with out a known remedy and no recognized prevention, aside from averting possible exposure.

“a lot of occasions it will happen after an area has been closed up for a while, a summer home or a barn, one thing like that,” Heather Kaisner, a Deschutes County Well Being Department spokesperson advised the Bend Bulletin. “They pass in and they do some spring cleansing, and there are mice droppings all over the place.”

Kaisner said it’s essential to take precaution whilst cleaning rodent droppings, and to properly rodent-evidence homes.


Related posts

Leave a Comment